Most companies say they have great culture, work-life balance, and exciting opportunities. So, what can we say here that will differentiate us? Only the truth: our corporate culture is different. We value those who want to be on the cutting edge of technology and close to the code. If you’re known in the development community for having great skills and expertise, then you will find your home at AIS. In a time when most companies are scaling back, we remain committed to progressive growth. And this is the reason finding and retaining the most talented people in our domain is so crucial: we want the best team to move forward with us as we continue to experience unparalleled growth.
The Senior Software Engineer Will:
It is critical to find top people at all levels in order to continue delivering the best customized solutions for our clients. There are all levels of software engineers, from developers to architects, and this is true of all of our positions. Currently our Ohio team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help design and develop custom applications on the Microsoft stack.
- Develop design artifacts for .NET based solution using object oriented analysis and design techniques and UML notations and tools to participate in overall solution architecture
- Demonstrate sound understanding of Service Oriented Architecture principles and best practices to write application code following project design and architecture
- Utilize problem-solving skills to identify areas of improvement and turn them into solid areas of development
- Write SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers for SQL Server 2005 and 2008 to produce custom applications for our clients.
- Interact with other members of the development team and project managers in a positive manner to deliver on-time and above standard applications for our clients.
- Use knowledge of RUP and MSF process methodologies to perform requirements gathering and documentation to ensure a positive experience for all clients.
- Assist with RFC/proposals to gain ongoing work for the team and for AIS
- Design, write, unit test, and document application code to successfully complete project-based work.
- Have a strong desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth.
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards expected to continue holding Active DoD Secret security clearance to gain access to client sites and networks.
- Ability to effectively work in a remote capacity and to travel as needed to interface with clients and work on-site.
- Utilize Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of experience in object-oriented technologies to develop software applications on aggressive time schedules.
- Use 3+ years of experience with C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions.
- Use in-depth understanding of Windows SharePoint Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 to solve technical and business problems.
- Use problem solving skills, knowledge of full life cycle development, and ability to complete projects.
- Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
- Experience with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or 2010 (Object Model, Web Services, ect.), InfoPath, Windows Workflow or comparable technologies
- Microsoft certifications, especially MCP or MCAD
Intrigued? Check out these compelling AIS statistics:
- "Top 50 Best Places to Work" recognition issued by the Washington Business Journal
- AIS currently boasts a 85% retention rate
- 85% of our original clients from twenty-six years ago are still clients to this day
- Paid premium on medical, vision, and dental for the employee, paid overtime, and state of the art development tools are all a part of our outstanding benefits program
Visit http://www.appliedis.com/careers2.html for more opportunities.